Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yang Ming Shan Flower Festival

I went to Yang Ming Shan (Mountain) Park, Taipei's backyard garden on its Annual Festival that started last February 18 until March 20. Although the Cherry Blossoms aren't in full bloom yet. I just grabbed the opportunity to visit since the weather is nice. There were lots of tourists today, and I had a hard time taking photos without any single person.


The posters and their shadows highlighting the most popular flowers in Yangmingshan, I didn't bother to look. It's my long weekend, I don't want to have headache reading those Chinese characters :)

The famous Clock Garden on its white and purple this year, surrounded with cherry blossoms. The clock has music every 30 minutes. I would say the place is surrounded with pink and purple.

The fountain, most of the cherry blossom trees aren't really in bloom. If given the chance, I'll visit the place again next week. This is the place I took my previous post ~ Flowers and Fountain.

I met an old man (photographer), and told me take photo of this wall. Actually, I was standing right in the middle and I guess it would be better if I'm not in there :)

Just few close up, the weather forecast said it's about 17-21 *C. I was sweating when I looked at the temperature it was 27*C  seems like summer in spring.

I had difficulty shooting this small cross bridge, people kept on passing by and mostly, they would stand right in the middle to take their picture.

Happy Weekend!

Guest Heart Thursday
Saturday Sightings

23 comments:

Jim said...

How wonderful. Just beautiful.

Mrs. M said...

Whoa! I want to visit this place!!!
Beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing your lovely sightings to Saturday Sightings, Lani. You seem to never run out of beautiful shots to share.

Blessings!

Sylvia K said...

What a beautiful, wonderful place, Lani! And your shadow shots are fantastic! Such beautiful flowers and colors and SUNSHINE!!!! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Sylvia

Clytie said...

I absolutely love that footbridge!

And the clock garden with it's beautiful hearts!

And those lovely blossoms. They may not be in full bloom, but they are still in bloom - ours won't be for several months yet!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Lani!

Rob Siemann said...

Beautiful and serene.

Hootin Anni said...

Each and every ONE of these is stunning.

Here is my link:

Misty Morn

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Lani
What a nice place. Definitely would visit this place if I come to Taipei.
Happy Weekend, Ev

Sue said...

You've done a great job to catch the shots without people standing in the way! The cherry blossoms look beautiful, particularly the one with the circular brickwork.

Jan said...

Fabulous photos. I especially like the one the old man told you to take.

gengen said...

So beautiful...Happy SSS!

Joyful said...

Some lovely photos you have. Here it snowed today so I'm loving your warm temperatures and pretty flowers.

Lorac said...

Lovely post and a great little ridge!

Teresa said...

Glad you were patient for that last picture because it is just perfect! Of course, they are all lovely.

Rubie Lee said...

Very interesting,very beautiful thanks for sharing
happy sunday^^ following you frim scenic sunday,hope u can visit mine too^^
http://casseydab-spec.blogspot.com/2011/02/scenic-sunday-chinese-taoist-temple.html

Walk in New York said...

Belles series sur ce jardin et bon choix pour le challenge du Dimanche, thanks for sharing

Remember, Every Friday, The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

Laura said...

so many beautiful images here Lani...the view of the flowering tree through the circular "window" in the wall is my favorite...just spectacular!

Dani said...

Wonderful photos.

I love that circle on the wall.
Have a great week ahead, Lani

Crafty Green Poet said...

what lovely photos, it looks a beautiful place to visit

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your shots of the garden are beautiful! I love that one of the bridge. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/02/curious.html

momgen said...

They are so beautiful shots,,,Happy SS!

Francisca said...

What a gorgeous place... all those flowers, even the cherry blossoms out already! Your photo of the round entrance came out perfect! And lovely little bridge too... your patience rewarded.

Unknown said...

what *spectacular* photos!! a festival for flowers sounds like a place i'd love to visit, and spend a few weeks.

VioletSky said...

tourists can be such a pain for a good photographer!
beautiful spot.

Post a Comment

Many thanks for the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010 @ A Glimpse of Culture | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel