C is for Chú Xī (除夕) or Dinner Reunion (February 2 for this year) in the eve of passing year, and getting ready for the New Year (February 3) the following day.
C is for Couplets, hanging or posted at home doors to greet everyone good health, good wealth, and longetivity.
C is for Chūn Jié春节, literally Chinese New Year means the beginning of Spring, flowers and plants symbolize of new beginning.
C is Cake, especially radish/turnip cake symbolize a new beginning and year cake for promotion every year.
C is for Candies, or known as Spring Candy to welcome the arrival of Spring.
C is for Chestnuts, and other nuts for having more children, and peanuts for longetivity.
There are more food that have lots of meaning ~
- Large Tangerine - big luck and big profit (金橘子, jinju)
- Spring roll - gold bar
- Dumplings - silver ingot (餃子, jiǎozi)
- Fish - having surplus every year (魚, yú)
- Dragon eye (longan) - wealth and family reunion
- Dates - having intelligent children soon
- Hair seaweed - having a jockpot
- Treasure bar - full of gold and jewelry
"Congratulations and be Prosperous"