Friday, February 18, 2011

PingXi Sky Lantern Festival

Sky Lantern Festival is held every year at Ping Xi (平溪) Taipei County. I'm so happy to revisit the place for the 3rd time, even though the weather was so cold and rainy that night. We're the last one to fly the sky lantern and I guess we're lucky enough to join without lining up :) Below are two ten seconds video clips. Enjoy.


Ping xi Sky Lantern Festival 2011


平溪天燈

The photo above is the preparation, if you're not lucky enough, the lantern might not be flying or just burned like the last photo.

February 17  is the last day celebration of Chinese New Year, and its celebrated of lighting/flying of lanterns. Eating Tang Yuan or Glutinous Rice Ball Soup.

~ Happy Lantern Festival!~


Here's my previous visit in 2009


14 comments:

Dani said...

Im sure now. During my 4 year-stay in China, I will do my best to visit Taipei for Lantern festival.

元宵節快樂!

Sean Claes said...

That is simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Nathalie said...

Ooooh those 2 ten-second videos are a delight to watch. I'd love to see this festival happen in France too!

Marites said...

the lanterns look so beautiful! I want to see that in personal. happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful sight! Such a lovely tradition.

Unknown said...

they're gorgeous! must be a beautiful sight to see in person.

Gale said...

Wow...that is amazing!

Koh-I-Noor said...

Wow! It must be amazing to be there and experience the whole adventure.

Al said...

That's incredible - I've never seen anything like it.

Lesley said...

This looks like way more fun than just watching a fireworks display that lasts 10 minutes.

B i r g i t t a said...

Happy new year! I enjoyed this a lot :)

http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2011/02/where-to-go.html

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow, magical!

Walk in New York said...

magnifique cette fete des lumieres

Remember, Every Friday, The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

Post a Comment

Many thanks for the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010 @ A Glimpse of Culture | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel